Effective Date: October 15, 2014
1. Your Information
In order to operate the Service, and to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you, we may collect (a) "personal information" (i.e. information that could be used to contact you directly such as full name and email address); (b) "demographic information" (i.e. information that you submit, or that we collect, including, but not limited to, zip code, hometown, gender, age/birth date, browsing history information, search history information, and registration history information); (c) “geo-locational data” (i.e. information that can be used to identify your physical location); and (d) “meta-data” (i.e. information which describes how, when and by whom a particular set of data was collected, and how the data is formatted. Collectively, this information is called “your Information”.
You may be able to register with our Service through various online third party social media accounts, such as Facebook, by providing your third party account information, or allowing us to access your third party account, to the extent permitted under the terms governing such account. By granting us such access to your third party accounts, you agree that we may access, make available and store (if applicable) any information that you have provided to and stored in your third party account so that it is available on and through the Service, including, without limitation any information regarding friends, contacts or following/followed lists.
2. Information Transfer
3. Material You Choose to Reveal
You may post information, including personal information, on areas of the Service that may be viewed by other users or the public, although we recommend that you do not do so. We urge you to use good judgment. Do not post any information, including without limitation, personal information, that you do not want other users to know. Many Internet connections are public and/or not secure, and other users using that same connection may have access to your Information; please make sure that you are using a secure Internet connection.
YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM YOUR VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
4. Cookies/Personal Identifiers
Because personal identifiers allow you to take advantage of some of the essential features of the Service, we recommend that you allow access. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject personal identifiers, you may not be able to use any services that require you to sign in.
5. Web Beacons
For our website, a “Web beacon,” also sometimes called a pixel tag or transparent GIF, is an object that is embedded in a web page. It is usually invisible to you, but allows website operators to check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email communication. We may place web beacons on our website, and in emails we send to you.
6. Third Parties’ Use of Web Beacons and Personal Identifiers
The Service may include third-party advertising, links to other websites, and other content from third-party businesses. These third-party sites, businesses, and advertisers, or advertising companies working on their behalf, may use Web beacons and personal identifiers to measure the effectiveness of their ads, personalize or optimize advertising content and to track users who link from their respective websites to the Service.
We do not have access to or control over such Web beacons or personal identifiers that these third parties may use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party websites. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the different websites you visit.
Some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt-out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
7. How We Use Personal Information
We may use your Information:
- To provide you with our Service.
- To respond to your requests or provide you with further information about our Service and new developments thereto.
- To provide you with personalized content and ads.
- To give our website and product developers information that may be useful for developing new features and products for customers.
- To improve the content and navigability of the Service.
- To alert you to new features, products, events and special offers.
- When forwarding Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) infringement notifications, take down notices and counter notices. By submitting a DMCA infringement notification, counter notice or other communication, you consent to have this communication forwarded to the person or entity that stored or transmitted the content addressed by your communications. For notices other than DMCA infringement notifications and counter notices, you may request that we edit out your name and contact information. However, DMCA infringement notifications and counter notices (including any personal information set forth in the notifications) will be forwarded as submitted to us without any deletions.
- If required to do so by law, court order or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or, if we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of bidPress, you, users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may host discussions or other moderated forums for users who can help each other with technical and general questions. Topics for discussion may include technical support questions and problems, suggestions for improvement, or anything else that relates to the Service. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in this area becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
8. Information Retention
To preserve the integrity of our databases, our standard procedures call for us to retain information submitted by users for an indefinite length of time. We understand your submissions as consent to store all your Information in one place for this indefinite length of time, if we so wish. If required by law, we will nullify user information by erasing it from our database. We will also respond to written user requests to nullify account information.
We provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request personal information about a visitor. We also give users the option to remove their information from our database, to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service.
10. Our Security Precautions
Your profile is password-protected so that only you have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Our staff will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password. You should never share devices. This will help protect your Information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13, in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"). If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files. We will also respond to written user requests to nullify account information.
13. Contacting Us